Instagram is a social networking app made for sharing photos and videos from a smartphone. Similar to Facebook or Twitter, everyone who creates an Instagram account has a profile and a news feed. It’s like a simplified version of Facebook, with an emphasis on mobile use and visual sharing. Just like other social networks, you can interact with the band on Instagram by following us, commenting, liking, tagging, and private messaging. You can even save the photos you see on Instagram.
Instagram is a service that is based primarily on mobile devices. Therefore, you’ll have to download the Instagram application on your tablet computer or smart phone before you can join Instagram.
- Find the Instagram application on your mobile device, and tap it to open it.
- If you’ve never used Instagram before, you will see that Sign Up is automatically selected. You can choose to sign up with your email address, or you can sign up using your Facebook credentials.
- You will be asked to provide your full name. If you don’t want to provide your name, you don’t have to.
- Regardless of whether or not you provide your full name for Instagram, you will be asked to choose a user name.
- Instagram will ask if you want to find friends to follow on Instagram based on whom you’re already connected with on Facebook and contacts already in your mobile device.
- You will be asked to follow certain other popular people or brands on Instagram. Find someone or something that you’re interested in, and tap Follow. (The button will change to say “Following” and turn green.)
Instagram Username: aubreyhsband
Twitter is a social media platform the band uses to send out announcements about performances and achievements of the Chaparral Band Program. We have a broad twitter audience, so we keep all our tweets more on a macro level. Our vision for our twitter followers is to be updated with what the band is doing without receiving all of the minor details and/or reminders that are given to students/parents through our other forms of media communications.
Interested? Here is how to set it up!
- Go to www.twitter.com and set up a free account.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Take Twitter with you – Set up your mobile phone” in the box on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to set up your phone. Make sure you enter your phone number.
- Once your phone is set up, go to www.twitter.com/aubrey_band
- Click the box that says “Follow”
- Click on the box that says “Following – Device Updates Off” and change the selection to “ON”.
And you are all set! From now on you will receive Text Message Notifications from the Chaparral Band.
Note: If you want to stop receiving messages from the band, simply reply to any message with OFF.
Facebook is a social networking website designed to easily connect with family and friends online. Just like other social networks, you can interact with the band on Facebook by following us, commenting, liking, and tagging.
Facebook Username: Aubrey Chaparral Band
YouTube is a video sharing website that makes it easy to watch videos of our performances online. Once you subscribe to our channel, you will be notified whenever a new video has been added. In order to subscribe to a channel, you will need a Google account.
- Login to YouTube with your Google account.
- Search for channels. In the search box, type Aubrey High School Band.
- When you find our channel, click the red SUBSCRIBE button.
YouTube Channel: Aubrey High School Band